Our team’s expertise, initiative and creativity are the core elements to deliver excellence to our customers.
Team members’ competences are periodically assessed to sustain resources personal and professional growth of our employees.
If you are a brilliant professional looking for a career in Earth Observation and if you wish to join a motivated and dynamic team, we are pleased to hear from you.
Tell us about your expertise, strengths and ideas by sending an email with your CV to email@example.com.
Scientific Expert in Altimetry
We are looking for a Scientific Expert in Altimetry to support the ESA Sentinel-3 Mission Performance Centre (S3MPC) project. The position is based in Frascati (Rome). The work can be perfomed remotely.
What will the candidate do?
- follows up activities related to evolution of Cal/Val methodologies for Sentinel-3 STM LAND
- follows up activities aimed at improving Sentinel-3 STM LAND level 1 and level 2 algorithms and associated core products
- contributes to preparation and definition of new cal/val activities related to the exploitation of the Fiducial Reference Measurement concept for the validation of S3 STM core products
- contributes to iterations with the scientific community at international level on cal/val and algorithm development aspects for the S3 altimetry mission
- organises and manages the regular (every 3 month) S3VT-ALT teleconference, actively participates to relevant meeting and workshops when required (S3 Altimetry, POD QWG, S3VT…)
- acts as scientific support by providing a synthesis of recommendation from the S3 altimetry & POD QWG and S3VT-ALT meetings to ESA
- PhD in EO, environmental sciences or physics/mathematics with relevant experience in EO altimetry missions
- Analytical mind, ability to summarise, spirit of initiative, critical on the obtained results
- Observation of deadline and customer commitments
- Editorial quality
- Good relationship and team spirit required
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in French is a plus
Please send your cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.